Thursday 17 November 2011

Hugs

Does every day always have to feel so rushed?
I often ask my friends how they cope with having 2, 3 or 4 kids, when I’m busy coping with 1. They reassure me that it’s always hardest when you go from none to one. Is that true? I know it’s a major life change to be a first-time mum, rather than a seasoned expert raising 2 kids or more, so I often ask those “seasoned expert” friends of mine for advice. A lot of the time they reply that every child is different &, it doesn't matter how many kids they have, they're still learning about motherhood as their kids grow. I guess we’re all in the same boat & we can all be comforted by each other's experiences, whether we're new mums or experienced ones.

So, at the end of the day, after a hard, tiring, rushed, challenging day, a warm hug from my 15 month old is all I need to melt the tension away. For all of you who have had, or are having, one of those days, at the end of the day make sure you make time for a hug for mummy - you deserve it!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment