Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas Tradition - Nativity Scene

Every Christmas I set up a kids' Nativity Scene, to encourage Little Miss to learn & understand the story of Christ's birth.




I bought this Fisher Price Nativity Scene from Kmart last year for about $30-$40 (I think).



Having wrapped 24 Christmas books to read throughout December, I put these in a basket & place them on the table with the Nativity Scene. I've numbered them with stickers from 1 to 24 &, although this is probably unnecessary, it's a good exercise for Little Miss to become familiar with numbers. The more she sees the numbers, the more she will recognise them.



The little notes are numbered 1 to 24 & they each have a simple quote from the bible regarding Jesus' birth. The 3 of us sit down together each night & read a quote first, then we unwrap one of the books to read.



Here are some of the quotes I've written down, some with stickers to make them interesting & easy to understand.







Little Miss seems to be enjoying the tradition. I hope we can continue it in years to come. As she gets older, I will change it around a little, to make sure I keep her interested. For now, the picture books are working & she seems to be understanding the story, which is exactly what I'm hoping for.






I hope you & your families are enjoying every moment together at this very special time of year.
Wishing you a wonderful December & a happy Christmas season.




No comments:

Post a Comment