Thursday 22 December 2011

Christmas Recipe - Vanilla Shortbread

This delicious recipe is one I found on the packaging of some Bakers Secret cookie cutters I bought several years ago. I tried it for the first time a few days ago. It's so simple & the shortbread is mouth-watering. Try it, just in time for Christmas....


  • 150g unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • 210g plain flour (sifted)
  • pinch of salt



In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar & vanilla until light & fluffy. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour until smooth & well combined. Form a ball (I use my hands here) & refrigerate, covered, for a 1/2 hour.




Preheat oven to 150C


On lightly sugared surface, roll out dough, one part at a time, approximately 1cm thick. Use any biscuit cutters to cut out cookies. Place 2cm apart on non stick baking tray (I also use baking paper on the tray).




Bake for about 20mins, depending on your oven, or until light golden brown around the edges (I have an old oven with no fan, so it takes about a 1/2 hour for them to cook). Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 






For an extra treat, sprinkle with vanilla flavoured sugar whilst still warm.








Makes approximately 18.


Enjoy!!



x Kathy x








No comments:

Post a Comment