Sunday 1 April 2012

Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show

For the garden lovers out there, this one's for you. Today was a warm (albeit windy) day in Melbourne & we decided to visit the International Flower & Garden Show at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton (apparently one of the top 5 garden shows in the world!). We arrived in the morning & by lunchtime, there were quite a few people around so it was a challenge to get about without bumping someone with our pram.


There were many avid green thumbs everywhere: looking at the beautiful outdoor garden displays, getting gardening tips from the experts, buying plants, sitting by the fountain & the lakes, enjoying the decorative flower displays inside the Exhibition Building & admiring the vibrant artwork displayed upstairs.



There were even stalls selling showbags (Burke's Backyard, Yates & Better Homes & Gardens were the ones I came across). Given that I do enjoy my gardening, I couldn't help but buy 1 or 2. There was a variety of goodies inside: vegetable seedlings, various magazines, fertilizers, gardening gloves, pest control, just to name a few.




The little ones weren't left out either. There was a Children's Garden that included a petting zoo, face painting, drawing & a Giant's house, but he was sleeping at the time we got there, so hubby & Little Miss tried catching some bubbles while I took a short break (don't kids love bubbles!).



Although we only stayed a couple of hours, you could easily spend the whole day there & it's probably worth staying all day to ensure you see everything. At $22 a ticket for adults, you may as well make a day of it.

I happily came home with some stunning red long-stemmed roses which were bought for the bargain price of $20 for 2 dozen. I decided to experiment a bit with my camera, & here's one of the photos I ended up with.


I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, whatever you get up to. Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment